You are requested to read the following points carefully before booking the consignment
You may carefully note that your consignment must not contain any letter of communication which will infringe the Indian post office act, 1898 and/or its amendments thereafter. Cheques, Drafts, Files, Stationery, Documents, Negotiable instruments, Banking papers, Letter of Credit and such other documents are not barred from being sent through courier service. We accept envelopes/parcels in good faith that they do not contain anything, which will infringe the Laws of the Land.
Consignments, which are banned and are of Hazardous Nature (Chemicals, Flammable Articles and Liquids) expressly prohibited by the RAILWAY/AIRPORT AUTHORITY OR ANY OTHER TRANSPORT AGENCY, shall not be accepted. Refer Annexure - I
We request you not to enclose CASH in the courier consignment and not to book Jewels, Textiles, High value gift articles, Share Certificates and Travel documents. Our liability in cases of any Loss or Damage to the consignment shall not exceed Rs.5,000/-
You should book all your TENDER DOCUMENTS in advance so as to reach their destinations on time.
When booking such documents they should ensure that the Consignee’s full address, Designation, specific department name and Tender Opening Time are written legibly on the consignment. This will ensure prompt and speedy delivery.
If more than one consignment is booked to the same consignee, it has to be ensure that the full address is written on all the consignments.
Octroi or any other charges levied by any Central/State/Local Authorities wherever applicable shall be extra and the consignor should bear it.
Proof of Delivery can be made available on customer’s request and such a request should be made with 30 days of the dispatch of the consignment. No claims will be accepted after the time limit.
Delicate/Fragile stuff to be sent at your own risk. DEPENDO will in no way be responsible/liable for any loss or damage to such products.
You warrant, represent and guarantee to us that:
1. In case the consignment packaging is done by you, you should ensure that the packaging of the Consignment is adequate to make the Consignment carriage worthy so as to withstand the normal rigors and conditions of sending the same from one place to another.
2. You allow our Pick Up personnel (i) to take the pictures of the good(s) in the consignment (ii) pack it safely and carefully so as to protect against the ordinary risks of transport, or (iii) the performance by us of other services, including any associated sortation and/or handling process;
3. The consignee’s contact details have been fully, accurately and legibly entered on our consignment note and on an address label securely fixed by you to a prominent position on the outer surface of the consignment that can be clearly seen by us. In case, at the time of delivery address is found to be incorrect, Dependo will not bear any liability in case of wrong delivery.
4. The contents of the consignment are not restricted by IATA, ICAO, and are not prohibited items, and neither you nor the consignee is a person or organisation with whom we or you may not legally trade under any applicable laws or regulations;
5. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any liabilities we may suffer or any costs, damages or expenses, including legal costs, we incur either to you or to anyone else arising out of you being in breach of any of these warranties, representations and guarantees, even if we inadvertently accept a consignment that contravenes any of your obligations.
EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY
We limit our liability for any loss or damage of your consignment or any part of it arising from carriage as follows:
1. Our liability to you for loss or damage of your consignment or the part affected is at all times limited to the lowest of:-
1. Rs. 5000/- per consignment; or
2. Value of Consignment; or
3. Reconstruction value of consignment.
2. In case of Delayed Delivery, we agree to refund the freight after deducting applicable taxes.
3. In case of Wrong Delivery, we agree to refund freight after deducting taxes and deliver at correct address within 15 days.
4. Refund will be credited in your bank account within 15 days by way of NEFT after resolution of your query/grievances.
EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
1. We will not be liable for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of markets, loss of reputation, loss of customers, loss of use, loss of an opportunity even if we had knowledge that such damages or loss might arise or for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss howsoever arising including without limitation breach of contract, negligence, willful act or default.
2. We, in no way liable or responsible for the authenticity, genuineness, accuracy or truthfulness of the material(s)/product(s)/document(s) etc in the Consignment. Consignor understands that Dependo is acting only as a delivery partner.
3. We are not be liable in any event for any Product Quality, Manufacturing defect, consequential or special damages or other direct or indirect loss, howsoever arising whether or not Dependo has knowledge that such damages might be incurred, including but not limited to loss of income, profits, interest, utility or loss of market.
4. We are not liable if we do not fulfill any obligations towards you at all as a result of:
Circumstances beyond our control such as (but not limited to):
1. acts of god including earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog etc;
2. force majeure including (but not limited to) war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, perils of the air, local disputes or civil commotions
3. national or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks and mechanical problems to modes of transport or machinery
4. criminal acts of third parties such as theft and arson.
Your acts or omissions or those of third parties such as:
1. you being in breach of (or any other party claiming an interest in the consignment causing you to breach) your obligations under these terms and conditions.
2. Our refusal to make any illegal payments on your behalf.
If we are unable to deliver a consignment because of an incorrect address we will make all reasonable efforts to find the correct address. We will notify you of the correction and deliver or attempt to deliver the consignment to the correct address. DEPENDO will not be liable for any delayed delivery in such case.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
DEPENDO provides a facility to change the address of the Consignee, after the consignment is picked up. You should intimate of such change by e mail or by calling customer care of Dependo. You agree to pay Rs. 100/- as address correction surcharge.
You can cancel the order by contacting our customer care via call or by e mail. Cancellation can be made subject to following conditions:
1. Cancellations should be made after the order is picked up and not yet dispatched. i.e. before the consignment is dispatched.
2. You will be charged 30% of the booking amount as Cancellation Charges.
3. Refund will be credited in your bank account within one week by way of NEFT.
4. Consignment will be returned to you within 36 hours of Cancellation.
If you wish to claim for a lost, damaged or delayed consignment, or for any other damages, you must comply with any applicable convention and with the following procedure otherwise we reserve the right to reject your claim:
1. You must notify us by calling our Customer Care within 7 days of delivery or estimated date of delivery in case of Damaged, Delayed, Wrong Delivery and Lost Shipment*.
Note: Consignment shall be deemed to be as lost if we or our service provider are unable track it within 28 days of Pick up. The consignment shall not be deemed to be lost if the consignment is confiscated by any authority including and not limited to government, semi – government, judicial or quasi – judicial etc.
2. You must document your claim by sending us all relevant information/documents* about the consignment and/or the loss, damage, wrong delivery or delay delivery suffered within 7 days of notifying us of your claim.
Note: Relevant information/documents means original invoice of the consignment. If the consignment is such that its gets depreciated, its value will computed after taking into account depreciation.
3. We are not obliged to act on any claim until our charges have been paid nor are you entitled to deduct the amount of your claim from our charges
4. In order for us to consider a claim for damage, the contents of your consignment and the original packaging must be made available to us for inspection
5. Save as otherwise provided by any applicable convention and or law, your right to claim damages against us shall be extinguished unless an action is brought in a court of law for the loss, damage, delay, within 3 years from the date of delivery of the consignment or from the date on which the consignment should have been delivered or from the date on which the carriage ended.
6. In case of acceptance by us of part or all of your claim, you warrant to us that your insurers or any other third party having an interest in the consignment shall have waived any rights, remedies or relief to which they might become entitled by subrogation or otherwise.
7. The Consignment shall be deemed as delayed delivery when it breaches the SLA, subject to its clearance by Govt, semi – govt authorities.
8. The Consignment shall be deemed as wrongly delivered when the consignment is not delivered at the address mentioned by the consignor and breaches the SLA.
CALCULATION OF TRANSIT TIMES AND ROUTING OF CONSIGNMENTS
Weekend days, public holidays, bank holidays, delays caused by govt, semi - govt authorities, delays attributable to compliance with mandatory local security requirements or other events beyond our control are not included when we quote door to door delivery times on our web site or app. The route and the method by which we transport your consignment shall be at our sole discretion.
Circumstances beyond DEPENDO, control – Force Majeure
DEPENDO, is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of circumstances beyond DEPENDO, control. These include but are not limited to:-`Act of God` - e.g. earthquake, cyclone, storm, flood, fog; `Force Majeure - e.g. civil war, plane crash ; any defect or characteristic related to the nature of the Consignment, riot or civil commotion; any act or omission by a person not employed or contracted by DEPENDO, e.g. Receiver, third party, customs or other government official; industrial action; and electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images, data or recordings.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision shall not affect any other part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. These Terms & Conditions, the construction, enforcement, interpretation of the rights and duties hereto shall be governed by the laws of India and any dispute arising under or in any way connected with these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of courts in Bangalore.
2. It shall be the responsibility of the Sender to make sure that the products to be delivered are not offensive, objectionable, prohibited or banned. If the receiver of product finds it offensive or not acceptable and approaches us, then we reserve the right to disclose the identity of the sender.
3. We shall not be liable for any loss, damage including emotional or mental stress underwent by the receiver for accepting the product.
4. Dependo in any case shall not be liable.
Annexure – I
List of banned or prohibited Products
1. Oil-based paint and thinners (flammable liquids)
2. Industrial solvents
3. Insecticides, garden chemicals (fertilizers, poisons)
4. Lithium batteries
5. Magnetized materials
6. Machinery (chain saws, outboard engines containing fuel or that have contained fuel)
7. Fuel for camp stoves, lanterns, torches or heating elements
8. Automobile batteries
9. Infectious substances
10. Any compound, liquid or gas that has toxic characteristics
12. Flammable adhesives
13. Arms and ammunitions
14. Dry ice (Carbon Dioxide, Solid)
1. Precious stones, gems and jewelry
1. Currency and coins
2. Firearms, explosives and military equipment
3. Hazardous and radioactive material
4. Any pornographic material
5. Hazardous chemical items